Miracle Boy #1

Miracle Boy #2

Miracle Boy #3

10.28.2009

Birthday, sickness, MRI, oh my!

First of all I wanted to make a special post to my little man Isaac. Things have been crazy in our house and I haven't been able to make a special post to my newly "2 year old". Isaac's birthday was on October 20th and we had his party on October 18th. He is such a big boy. He's now in the 2 year room at daycare, he's talking more, learning more and making us laugh each and every day. He's a strong willed little boy but he's also one of the most loving little boys I know. We have not had any contact from Isaac's birthmom but we continue to receive emails from his birthdad. It still feels like yesterday we got the call to go pick up our son.

Sickness has hit our house pretty good this past month. Both Ross and I have experienced the stomach flu on 2 different occassions. Isaac had a little bug on his birthday, poor boy. He was only running a low fever but it was obvious he didn't feel well. At least he was back to himself in about 3 or 4 days. However, Caleb was hit hard. He came down with a fever last Thursday and it only progressed from there. Caleb did have H1N1 and experienced very high fevers. He reached 103.7 and I almost called the hospital but we waited it out a little longer. We alternated Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours, pushed fluids and tried to keep him as comfortable as possible. His fever finally broke on Monday but his cough and congestion got much worse. We took him to the doctor and he has sinus infection/bronchitis. He's on antibiotics and we hope it will knock everything out.

Isaac had an MRI done on October 23rd. We've been monitoring his head size since birth and at 9 months it seemed to have stopped growing. We honestly didn't believe anything was wrong because he is developmentally on track with the exception of a MINOR speech delay. No one is real worried with the speech because some kids just talk later than others and he's a boy. A busy boy in fact. Well we decided to have an MRI just to put our mind at ease and rule anything else out. We have an appointment with the neurologist on Friday, but our primary doctor received the results and gave those to us. He did not see anything out of the ordinary and said everything looked fine. We're just lead to believe Isaac is going to be a little guy just like his birthmom.

I have some pictures from Isaac's party but I will upload those later and create a new post for that. Cousin Caden and Aunt Gina and Uncle Brad couldn't make it to the party so hopefully we'll have them over soon and can get some pictures.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Love, Kim

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win

Our Family

Our Family
Amber, Ross. Isaac & Caleb