Miracle Boy #1

Miracle Boy #2

Miracle Boy #3

8.02.2010

Surgery has been postponed

Isaac's surgery to have his tonsils and adenoids removed has been postponed until August 17th.  Let me just say I was not a happy camper when I found this out.  Apparently our doctor will be out of the office on August 6th.  I'm not sure why he'll be out, but I guess  I would have thought that beings we had this appointment set for well over 2 months, we could have been notified much sooner.  The nurse I spoke with said she left a message.  Come to find out she did leave a message on my cell phone but my cell phone does not notify me when I have a new message.  The nurse did not try contacting me at work or at home or any other time so we missed out on having the surgery reset for August 5th.  Now we have to wait a few more weeks. 

Surprisingly Isaac slept from about 8:15-7:00 last night but because of his constant moving he's not getting complete rest.  Once he is done with surgery and recovered we'll worry about getting him back into his own bed. 

In the meantime I'm not sleeping well and it's not all because of Isaac.  Ross and I take turns sleeping with him in our bed but he moves  A LOT.  On other other nights we sleep in the twin bed that Isaac used to sleep in.  My back and neck are not adjusting to the twin bed very well. 

In the meantime I'm reading a book that will hopefully help us get him back into his bed.  I don't care if I have to lay with him until he falls asleep every night for a while, I just want him back in his own bed.  He's also fallen out of our bed about 3 times so I've now placed an order for another side rail since Caleb is using the one we have in the toddler bed as he's fallen out of that already.

The joys of toddlers!!!!!

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Oh no--sounds like more sleepless nights for a while. I sure hope the (eventual) surgery brings much needed comfort to all of your family!

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win

Our Family

Our Family
Amber, Ross. Isaac & Caleb