Miracle Boy #1

Miracle Boy #2

Miracle Boy #3

10.10.2012

24 week check up

I had my 24 week check up and things seem to be going as well as they should.  I saw the PA again this time because my OB won't be back from maternity leave until the end of October.  She said I must have quite the active little one because it took a long time to get a good strong heart beat.  He kept moving away from the doppler, little stinker!  She finally did get a reading of 152. 

I asked the PA about my 20 week ultrasound.  Another PA had mentioned that one of the measurements had shown a small femur measurement and that it was only in the 8th percentile so I asked about it because I've been a little concerned.  The PA told me that the final report came in and they aren't doing any follow up so it is not a concern at this point.  Apparently, since the overall size of the baby was in the 32nd percentile and all other measurements were within normal range they think it was just the way the baby was positioned.  Of course what do I do when I get home, yep I google "short femur" and of course I really shouldn't have done that.  Everything popped up with possible "Downs Syndrome" or other chromosome issues.  I'm not super worried yet because nothing else measured abnormal and they said they would probably see another measurement not accurate if this was Downs Syndrome or something similar.  Of course I'll probably ask my actual OB when she comes back just to ease my mind.

My next appointment is at 27 weeks on 10/31 and I have my glucose test done that day too.  Hopefully I will pass!

This little guy is moving more and more and I'm just starting to be able to feel him from the outside.  Hopefully Ross and the boys will be able to feel him soon too.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win

Our Family

Our Family
Amber, Ross. Isaac & Caleb