Miracle Boy #1

Miracle Boy #2

Miracle Boy #3

12.13.2008

I wish I knew

I was I knew what was up with Isaac. Oh how I was he could tell me what was wrong. Last Monday he started running a low grade fever around 99 and I noticed his bottom eye tooth was popping through so I assumed that was the cause of his low fever. He had the low fever Tuesday and late Wednesday afternoon the daycare called. His fever spiked to 103 so I picked him up. He sure did not look like he felt well. He even took a nap at 4:30 which never happens. He was very clingy. Thursday morning he was quite cranky and still had a fever of 102. Since we were going into the weekend I decided to take him in. The daycare has had strep in Isaac's room so they tested for that. It came back negative for Strep A. They sent another test in that tests for Strep B and they did blood work to see where his numbers were. His numbers were right smack in the middle so the doctor was not sure whether he though he would test positive or not. So he sent in a prescription for penicillin and is treating him as if he has strep. If the test comes back negative he'll call me and we'll stop the meds. Thursday night Isaac woke up at 10:30 crying and screaming. There is a twin bed in his room so Ross slept with him in the bed which ended up being all night. Ross said he is sure he didn't get more than 2 hours of sleep. Last night same situation, woke up at 12:30 and screamed. Ross was finally able to put him down at 4:00 am. It just doesn't make sense. He's not running a fever anymore and so we have no idea what is going on. I wouldn't think it would be behavorial. He wouldn't start this screaming all of a sudden. I tried to trace it back to the penicillin side effects but "not sleeping" is not one listed. I'm at a loss, I'm tired and I just don't know what else to do. To top it off Caleb woke up at 2:30, 3:30, 4:00 and 5:30, why? I have no idea. We were doing so great with scheduling and sleeping and now this!!!!! I am debating whether to take Isaac back in on Monday. This cannot continue! If you read this far, thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry he is not feeling good. It's so hard to not be able to fix things for them.

Praying he gets better quickly.

Nicole Brueck said...

Sorry he isn't feeling well. Getting no sleep is no fun, Ryan has been a horrible sleeper since we got him. I know alot of it is his teeth. I am sure you have tried everything...the one that worked for us was a cold washcloth that Ryan could chew on.

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win

Our Family

Our Family
Amber, Ross. Isaac & Caleb