Miracle Boy #1

Miracle Boy #2

Miracle Boy #3

5.11.2013

Back to the doctor

Lucas is still dealing with tummy troubles and I wasn't sure it was acid reflux or what the deal was so I took him back to Sioux Falls.  I saw a different doctor who examined him and he said it's probably 2 things.  He thinks it's the acid reflux and he needs different medication and he also thinks that either he's not handling something in my diet or there's something in my breast milk that is not agreeing with him.  His recommendation was to switch medications AND to stop nursing and switch over to expensive Hypoallergenic formula.  He also said if no improvement he would want to do an Upper GI test.  I left the doctor's office in tears.  Lucas is the only baby I've been able to nurse and he's my last baby.  He nurses like a champ and I just feel like there's a way around this.  I checked out the formula and it was over $40 for a small can.  It was then that I talked to Ross and decided I would cut out the  main dairy products and continue nursing and see what happens.  From that day on I cut out cheese, milk, yogurt and any other things I could think of that would cause him troubles.  Milk wasn't as hard to cut out as I could drink Almond milk but the yogurt was really hard as I used to have a yogurt every day at work.  I found out my insurance would not cover any other medications for acid reflux other than what he was already on, so we decided to try increasing the dosage to 3 times a day instead of 2 and see if that helps.

They measured Lucas and he measured in at:

Weight: 14 lbs 12 oz (48%)
Height: 26" (82%)

I also decided to go to Dr. Springer and see if he came up with the same conclusion.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win

Our Family

Our Family
Amber, Ross. Isaac & Caleb